Monday, July 8, 2013

Kidless Fun Times

Yesterday driving to our friend's pool I was struck by a moment of complete happiness and gratefulness. Wearing bathing suits, Jeep windows down, Bob Marley blaring on the radio I was feeling so grateful. Because I am blessed to have an awesome husband, great friends, the ability to go swimming, enjoying the sun with friends. I realized these are the best days of our lives. These are awesome days, I want to enjoy them. So for yesterday, I did not long for a baby. I did not wish he/she was there with us at the pool. I just enjoyed the life I have, which is pretty awesome.
When we do finally have a baby we won't be able to do the random fun things all the time we do now. Saturday night as an example.
We didn't have any plans Saturday night so I went online to look for something to do. I found a burlesque show was playing at the Spiderhouse. The Spiderhouse has identity issues, I was a coffee shop, which it still is, but  also has lots of food, adult beverages, live bands, huge outside patio, and a theater. I saw a live rendition of a Saved By The Bell episode there a few years ago. Seriously, it was hilarious!
Anyways, the Bat City Bombshells were so much fun! We went early, had some food and a beer then saw the show. Afterwards, we were totally going  to go home but got to talking to this photographer for Austin360.com. Meeting people-it's sorta what we do. We chatted with our new friend, randomly started talking to other people outside, and before you know it, it was midnight. We had a great time, met new friends, spent time outside, and saw a fun show! Good night, and something that will be dramatically different when we have kids. So for this weekend, all was calm in infertility land :)

No comments:

Post a Comment