Monday, July 15, 2013

Surprise!

We are going to be parents.....of an 18-year-old girl!
Not exactly the way we thought our first parenting experience would be, but hey we are rolling with it. Skie's sister has been struggling lately, she just graduated from high school in May, and isn't quite sure of where she wants to go now. She will live with us and hopefully get some directional orientation.

This weekend we worked hard at cleaning out the bedroom that was the office, and moving the office to the other bedroom. I personally was excited about this change because I have been wanting to do it forever! It looks great now! Our office was a gigantic mess, like seriously gigantic. We also got a new mattress for us! WHOO!!! We also need to get a dresser, I just can't decide what I want in there. I do know I want it to eventually be the baby's changing table. Because it turns out a changing table is a dresser. They are totally the same thing. What a scam. We also talked about having her paint the bedroom and paint a headboard on the wall. She is a very good artist, and I think it would be adorable! I hope she gets to that project soon.
She will be moving in this week sometime, so the blog might get interesting as we navigate the world of parenting a teenager.

In other fertility news, we have an urology appointment today. There will be tests, and results of tests to be had. I am nervously excited as it means movement, and it has to be forward movement because backwards isn't really an option.

No comments:

Post a Comment