Friday, April 29, 2011

Dirty DR

It's official: We are getting married in the Dominican Republic! YAH! At the Majestic Colonial resort www.majestic-resorts.com.


And we are going to hire "Photo Phil" who is the resident pro in Punta Cana, though he hails from Canada. Check him out: steingardstudios.com


He does "Trash the Dress" sessions where you do all kind of crazy things in your wedding dress, like getting in the ocean, sitting on the sand (gasp!) I am excited about those pictures!

It appears the best wedding website ever is mostly Canadians. I had no idea, but it is the best destination wedding site ever. bestdestinationweddings.com

DIY:
One of the major stressors is trying to decide what to DIY and what to just buy. I mean it isn't like I'm busy, working full-time, going to graduate school, playing on a championship kickball team, riding bicycles for AIDS awareness, redecorating a 5 year old bachelor pad, and planning a wedding. I should be able to make everything! (read: serious sarcasm)


I do, despite all that, want to make some things too add "that personal touch". Just which ones to choose.....definately not invitations or Save the dates. But what about welcome bags, bridesmaids t-shirts, centerpieces, and what not. I think I can do some of the things. Some brides make everything. What the heck are their jobs? Do they have jobs?


I will always work that is a given. but the other day I jokingly told Skie I wanted to be a "kept woman." He laughed, and said that is why I am in graduate school, so he can be the "kept man." Apparently that is his dream job. Whatever- let the competition begin....


Next up save the dates......

No comments:

Post a Comment