Saturday, June 6, 2009

Non-C

I met a boy! His name is Skie, and he is so amazing! We technically met in October at a friend’s house, and we hit if off then. (Actually we made out, he asked me on a date, and I cancelled the day before.) He was invited by a friend to our cookout get together over Memorial Day weekend. We started talking, flirting etc. Then I invited him to a baseball game the next day. He came, we talked more, and I really started to like him. We had our first date last Friday. It was fun, we get along really well and have lots of things to talk about. He is such an interesting person! He was born and lived in Venezuela until he was 3. He speaks fluent Spanish (it’s even on his business card). He loves to travel. He just got back from a week in Florida, and he went to Belize recently. I asked him if he ever wanted to leave Austin/Texas (he has been here most of his life) and he said, yes probably to North or South Carolina because it is so beautiful there. (weird, only place the RAK has agreed to thus far)
He is a vice president and manager of a bank. Read: responsible and good with money.
He is so NICE, and considerate! Last Saturday I invited him out with my friends to see this band. Most of them work at this place that has a branch in Hungry, and there was a guy there visiting from Hungry. So the night goes on, and Skie notices the Hungarian guy sitting by himself, he goes over and starts talking to him and got several of my friends to talk to him too. When I asked him about it later, he was like well, I was talking to some people and I saw him sitting alone. I think if I was ever sitting along like that, especially in a foreign country I would like someone to talk to me. He invited the guy to hang out after the bar, and to brunch on Sunday. He was so grateful to Skie. It was just so sweet!
Then, we were driving and both were admiring this really pretty flowering tree. We pulled up next to it, and I was like pick a flower off it. He goes, No because I wouldn’t want to take the beauty away from someone else. Other people should get to see the beauty too. How cute!
One more, though I could go on forever! We were talking one day, just casually and he asked me about my best friend. I told him about the RACK. So we just chatted whatever didn’t really say much but that you guys are awesome, live far away, etc.
About three days later, he asked about each one of you by name. And, something he remembered about you. He was like oh how’s Carrie, and Ryan doing. How is Anne and the baby, How is Kat and her little guy. Really! Who does that! I only briefly talked about you once. He has since asked about each of you again, remembers husbands/ -boyfriends, kids, funny stories, everything. This is made more amazing by the fact that Billy could not remember who was who and married to who and lived where in 2 years. Seriously, WTF?
So yeah its true he is a pretty cool guy. Drawbacks: he dated a friend of mine 8 years ago for a year, he is 34, and his name does not have a C in it. That is all I can think of.
And my roommate just told me, she also thinks he is awesome, and is a keeper. J
P.S. As I am writing this I can’t help but think, “I wonder what I will think of this when we break up…….”
(Pessimist much?)

1 comment:

  1. Umm pessimist, yes! You have us to worry about you, so you just have fun please and bask in the glow of something new! He does sound great...like too great (see, you have us to be skeptical so please leave your time to smiling and daydreaming). I can't wait to keep hearing updates about this guy. Can you please ask if there's a story about his name and the spelling or if his padres just liked it? Thanks. Yay, Rachelle! So happy for you! I don't think that his age is a drawback, he seems to still be young and fun yet he's got the whole maturity thing going for him too...nice. No C in his name, but the sky has Clouds, clouds, C, pretty damn close!

    ReplyDelete