Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Saga...

The Saga Of Bry

In the beginning, (July 2008) Bry and I started dating, and we both agreed we were not boyfriend/girlfriend, we were just dating and could see other people, if we informed the other person and no sex with anyone else.
This was the agreement. Time went on, we broke up, got back together etc. December 2008, have the DTR (define the relationship) again, same as before. Great. Thus far, Rachel went on a few dates, always letting him know beforehand. Bry, never said anything, Rachel didn’t ask.
February 2009- Rachel attempts to start another DTR, Bry says he isn’t sure, doesn’t want to talk about it right now, wants to think about it and he will bring it another time. (Brought this up because I was thinking I really was into him and wanted to be more serious) Bry does mention he often refers to Rachel as his girlfriend when talking about her to other people.
March 2009- Bry has still not brought anything up. Rachel and Bry are spending way more time together than ever before, Holding hands in public, going to things for the other person (i.e. Rachel’s roommate’s weird concert thing, taking a dorky Segway tour together, looking at motorcycles, etc.) and generally acting more bf/gf-ish. (Yes that is a word)
March 17- Rachel had a super PMS moment, and started a big fight. There was yelling, crying, etc. Days later, apologies from both parties, Friday night hung out, everything seemed fine by both parties (I mention this because I think it was a contributing factor)
March 26, 2009- Rachel goes to Atlanta, on the long 10-hour drive to Memphis had a lot of time to think. Basically, kind of realized I had not been kind of mean to Bry, by pushing him away and breaking up with him and finding reasons not to really fully be with him. thought about wanting to be with him more, how that would be, etc. etc.
March 30- get home from Atlanta, have a horrible cold, super tired. Been home about 10 minutes, talking to Leslie and she breaks the news. All our friends were at a party Saturday night, Bry and another girl would oddly disappear sometimes, they were together all night, someone told Leslie they saw him making out with her in the car.
Tuesday night, I was sick so he came over to make me dinner. I started talking about what I thought about and learned on my long drive, really liking him and wanting more etc. He was silent the whole time, just nodding etc. then I was like, what do you think? He said nothing, so I was like is there anything you want to tell me, he said NOPE. Nothing. I told him what I knew. He said oh that, no big deal whatever. I questioned him, he said he wasn’t sure if he was interested or not, might be, hasn’t talked to her since. So we are eating and talking blah, blah. Basically, he says he doesn’t care about me anymore than he did back in July. Said it was just dating, nothing more, and he didn’t think we were good together, didn’t mesh etc. In the middle of the conversation he left. That’s it, just left.
So, I saw him Saturday night with her at the bar with everyone, it was SUPER awkward and weird. I talked to him for like 2 seconds at the bar. Then, he texted me when I left “Are you ok” I didn’t text him back.
Then, he texted me Tuesday and Wednesday nights just like Yeah I miss you, are you ok, blah blah. I didn’t respond.
So, the next Sunday, I was all weird and being lonely, whatever. So I called him. Stupid I know. We just talked about what happened, I told him how hurt I was. He Finally acknowledged what he did was wrong. He said I knew I should have ended it a few weeks before (i.e. my freak out I think), but I didn’t and then I didn’t know how to. So, basically I heard I cheated on you and humiliated you in front of everyone because I am chicken shit and didn’t have the balls to break up with you. Oh how lame. And that’s it I haven’t talked to him or seen him since.
There ya go. The abbreviated version of what happened with Bry. Sorry it took me so long, I just didn’t know what to say and there was so much emotion around it. I can finally sit down and do this without crying or being super angry J

3 comments:

  1. You're better off without him! We don't condone that type of behavior in the RACK and his name doesn't start with the required 'C'. I'm so sorry you had to go through that though. Let me know if you want me to come kick his arse! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey gf. Thanks for the full story. That's so cool that you were able to ignore him for a week! But seriously, I'm glad that you were able to talk about it w/ him afterward and get everything out and he was able to attempt to redeem his manhood and maybe find one of his balls on the way out. Hope it helped w/ closure, yada, yada, yada. Closure...so cliche. Love you Rachelle! You are totally better off w/out a wuss like Bry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, just read this (sorry for the delay in response). No words, really, to describe the idiocracy of this boy. (He no longer has a name .. he's henceforth just "that boy"). There is an amazing, prime-rib man waiting for you, Rachelle. He's just taking his sweet ole time finding ya. When the time's right ...

    I think you should consider some east coast boys and in 2010 when you and I are done with school and Kat has popped out another youngin' and Carrie has finished grad school, we all pick a location and move there. Seriously!! I'm still voting for NC on the coast .... :)

    Love you, Rachelle ... call me when you feel a lonely "that boy" moment coming on ...

    ReplyDelete