Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Passporto Retardo

Just thought that was a fun title. The story of Rachel's passport......
Seeing as I somehow lost my passport in the literall y 7 moves I have made since 2003 when I used it last, I set out to apply for a new one. Now, this seems like quite the easy task. Well friend you are mistaken.
First, I must buy an original birth certificate and have it mailed to me. CHECK- 3 weeks later.
Second, fill out the lost passport form, and the application, which is only like 5 pages and took about 2 hours, and two phone calls to the parents- CHECK
Third, take pictures- CHECK
Fourth- Go to the post office and turn it all in……..This one is a doozy! Still working on that.
I called to make an appointment after finding out from a friend it took him a month. I made an appointment, but then I had a work conflict and couldn’t make it. I called to cancel and reschedule like anyone else. That was a fun conversation:
Passport Lady (PL): Hello (Imagine the most hick, country accent ever!)
Rachel: Yeah I am not going to be able to make my appointment tomorrow something has come up.
PL: Well, now miss, are you sure? Because you can’t just do that.
R: Really, because I thought I just did. (a little sarcastic and confused)
(don’t forget the ridiculous sounding super hick accent) PL: No you can’t just “cancel” with the post office, that is not ok. And, I don’t think you sound ready to reschedule another appointment, I mean, are you sure you can handle this. I don’t think you are responsible enough. I don’t want to make another appointment for you.
In my head: Are you kidding me? Can she do that. Hung up the phone.
WTF?
So, I called right back, she of course answered the phone. I just calmly said I need to make an appointment, just like I had never talked to her before. She didn't say anything, which was hilarious in and of itself.

It doesn't sound as funny written as it did that day. My co-worker and I laughed about that for a few days!

1 comment:

  1. That is hilarious! Did you she really say all that? I love it.

    ReplyDelete