Thursday, January 29, 2009

Hypothetical Story

I am going to tell a story. This is not about me and my husband. Somebody told this to me anonymously...I promise.

So. About 5 months after this girl gave birth, she was about to get it on with her husband. This girl stopped taking the mini pill because quite frankly she was sick of anything hormonal and Walgreens was always out of it anyway.

Leading up to the big moment, this girl asked her husband to use a condom. The silly guy had the audacity to say that using a condom would be "uncomfortable" for him.

Uncomfortable.

Let me define uncomfortable: 10 weeks of feeling exhausted and puking on a daily basis, gaining 29 pounders over the course of 6 months, back pain, pelvic pain, hormonal headaches, eczema on the legs (weird, I know), boobie pain, swollen limbs, clothes not fitting, labor, delivery, night sweats, traumatic nipples, need I go on?

So, in lieu of you feeling uncomfortable for a portion of one night, you would rather me feel uncomfortable for about a year?

Guess who won that little discussion?

He is a great man though and didn't mean a darn thing by his cute little comment. Also, despite all the complaints about pregnancy, this girl would totally do it a million times for her little munchkin-I'm assuming. I wouldn't know because I'm not her...

No comments:

Post a Comment